Thursday, March 22, 2007

Off-topic - Personality Type and Blogging

The description listed below is pretty much me when it comes to blogging. I tested as an ISTP recently in an online Jung - Myers-Brigg personality type test. I took a similar test for work about 17 years ago and tested as an ISTJ but I must have changed a little over the years. The 2 types have similar traits so I guess I haven't changed much except for a few extra pounds around the mid-section. See opinions about how blogging ties in with personality types HERE.

Here's my profile:
You are an ISTP! (that's me)
As an ISTP, you are Intraverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving. This makes your primary focus on Introverted Thinking with Extraverted Sensing

This is defined as a SP personality, which is part of Carl Jung's Artisans (Sensation Seeking) type, and more specifically the Crafters or Mechanics.
Because of your desire for action and independance, you will change the format of blogging or design frequently to keep it interesting and different. Your loyalty may have you reading the same blogs over a long period of time
(Civil3D.com, Angel's Civil 3D Thoughts are 2 that come to mind). Even though you could be easily bored with blogging (and Windows XP, that's why I bought Vista), you might find that because you like following a project through, this is a good way for you to use your alone time to sort the facts you pick up through the day. (exactly me!)

Take the test for yourself, then see how you might relate to blogging HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.